Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Groovy Kind of Love Layout

I recently hosted an All Day Crop for my gals and included supplies for a two-page layout in their registration fee.  Valentine's Day is right around the corner, so I created a "LOVE" layout, however, it's generic enough to use for just about any occasion, not just Valentine's Day.  
The layout is Pattern 02 from Make It From Your Heart, Volume 2.  I used Kraft cardstock as the bases for the layout.  I also used a combination of retired B&T papers, Sparkle & Shine, Bliss, and Stella.  Love how all these very different papers come together so nicely.  I rarely create a project without using one or more of the CTMH Cricut cartridges, 
this one is no exception.    


I used the Artbooking cartridge to cut the heart overlay, and the title word "Love".
Heart Overlay - pg48, Overlay, <q>, cut at 11.5" (RealDialSize-RDS)
"Love" - pg61, Title, <f>, cut at 3" (RDS)
Art Philosophy was used to cut hearts too - pg26, shift <Heart1>, cut at 3/4", 1" and 1.25"

 I used Keyboard Alphabet in Desert Sand ink to stamp out the title of the layout.  
The Stitch Guide and Foam Mat came in handy as I pierced the heart shape onto the cardstock and stitched using white Bakers Twine.  The layout also used several coordinating embellishments to accent the pages.  Clear Sparkles, Red Sparkles, buttons, and Red Shimmer Trim

No comments:

Post a Comment