Monday, October 17, 2011

Retreat Treat Bags

I just returned from a wonderful weekend scrapbook retreat with some great friends. I thought I would share the treat bags that I made for them. These are so easy to make! Remember, you can click on the images to see more detail.
Take a paper lunch bag, fold the lunch bag in half, then fold down the front flap about 2". Tie a ribbon around the bag to hold down the front flap creating a pocket. Embellish to your desire. I used the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to create the leaf clusters, and the scallop tag. I added the Mischief Complements Rub-Ons (#X7144C, $4.95) to each of their bag treats as a special goodie. The rub-ons have 2 sheets of Halloween images, and 2 sheets of Autumn images...they are so fun to use!
I also added an M&M stick (gotta have some chocolate!), filled a 1x8 clear bag with autumn colored m&m's, sealed the end, and made a cute tag using the owl image from the Pair-a-Phrase stamp set. The tag image is on the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge too. So many Cricut images...so little time!
I loved how these turned out. Everyone was excited to get their treat bags. These little goodie bags seemed to inspire the creative juices too...one gal even used her leaves cluster on a scrapbook page she created!
Finally, here we are...I can't wait to scrapbook our group photos! Thankfully, we were able to see some of the Colorado fall colors too. Thanks ladies for a terrific weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment