Monday, October 24, 2011

Road Trip!

Sorry for not posting much over the last few days. I got home from one long weekend being away, and had one day to get ready for another mini vacation. Last week, I had a birthday...and my hubby surprised me with a road trip to Moab, UT. We actually spent my birthday hiking the trails of Arches National Park and Canyonlands.
Sunset at Dead Horse Point State Park.
If you've ever visited Arches National Park, you'll recognize this famous arch...Landscape Arch. Can you imagine resting under this arch and hear what you thought was cracks of thunder from distant clouds, when actually a 60-foot long rock slab was peeling away from the arches right side. It actually happened in September 1991, and changed the arch forever...glad we could experience it's beauty!
Here we are inside one of the arches known as the North Windows arch. I may be smiling in the picture, but my knees are trembling! I don't DO heights...and directly behind me was a HUGE drop off!
This one is my all time favorite. Ken ventured off to this rock ledge, and I decided NOT to join him...and I'm so glad I got this picture! It shows Ken admiring the view with the canyon floor thousands of feet below him.
After spending a couple days hiking and walking the National Parks, we decided to take a scenic drive around the area. Here, we're overlooking the town of Moab, UT and sporting our matching jackets! LOL
I'm thankful we were able to take this impromptu road trip and mini vacation, and I can't wait to scrapbook these memories. I promise...more artwork coming! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment