Thursday, July 12, 2012

Convention...Here I Come!

I always like to bring a little something special for my team members who attend Convention with me.  This year, I made each of them a Mini-Album to capture their Convention memories...some may use them to jot down ideas, journal the upcoming days excitement, or even place pictures on the blank pages...the choice is their own!  
I custom made these Mini Albums using the Colonial White Die-Cut Cards & Envelopes.  I used the Dotty For You papers from May...the colors matched our Convention colors perfectly!  The album measures 3-3/4" x 8".  I have "the Cinch" binding machine, and used it to bind the albums.  

Yes, it looks like our My Creations Bookmark Album, and even similar in size, but I didn't want my album to be made of chipboard, besides, I wanted more pages too!

Believe it or not, this is a Julie original!  I was inspired by the cute mini-albums that are available in the retail stores, and I thought..."how can I make one of these using CTMH paper products?"  Here it is!

 Our Convention theme is "Stars Shine Bright", 
which is appropriate since we're going to be in Dallas, Texas!
These pictures show close-ups of the cover.  The ribbon on the binding is our 
Color Ready Seam Binding ribbon, dyed to match my color scheme perfectly!  
And of course, I had to bling it up with Sparkles!
I will show you the insides, and I kept things very simple for a couple of reasons.  I want my team members to embellishment them to their liking, I was making multiples of this mini-album, and I wanted to make sure the book didn't get too bulky.

 Pages 1-2

 Page 1 has a pocket (used the envelope), so I made a tag you can pull out of the pocket.
 Pages 3-4 are the inside of the Die-Cut card
 Pages 5-6
 Page 6 is another pocket, using the envelope
 Pages 7-8
 Pages 9-10
 Pages 11-12
 Pages 13-14
 Pages 15-16
 Page 16 showing the pocket again

I love this idea...so there's a good chance this could be a workshop in the future!  

4 comments: