Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Clementine cards

These two cards both use the Clementine papers and they are both so different...again, showing the versatility of the papers.
The first, designed by Kimberly Deines, using the Quick Cards-Bountiful Season stamp and inspired by the card on page 85 of the Autumn 2012 Idea Book:
We first embossed the image (without the sentiment) onto the Colonial White cardstock, then used the Almond Glitz Glitter Gel over the embossed image to "color in" the leaf.  The new Burlap Ribbon is a great embellishment for this card...I think it's an easy go-to ribbon for any of the new paper packs!  I cheated making my stitched lines around the border of the card...I used a chocolate marker, but the stitching on Kimberly's card using a needle & the Neutral Embroidery Floss was a nice touch!

Next, Francine Terzian's card using the Perfect Fit-Frames stamp set:
I have used the Perfect Fit-Frames stamp set on several occasions now...and what I like most about it is how the center circle image has so many different options!  Here we used an image from the Salutation Seals stamp set...others include Perfect Fit-Halloween or Perfect Fit-Holidays just to name a few.

The ribbon is our Color Ready Seam Binding ribbon, dyed to match the Twilight color used in the card.  I use this ribbon all the time, when I need a custom colored ribbon (or in it's original colonial white color!) to coordinate with a card or scrapbook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment