Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Thanks a BUNCH card with A Flowering Bunch



It's JUNE...time to share my June Stamp of the Month artwork.  

My card uses the card pattern from Wishes, Simply Said, and the Tommy paper packet.  The finished size is 8"x3.5".  I also used our White Chalk marker to "stitch" the top and left side of the card 
(much easier than actual needle and thread!).  

I've already had several requests asking how I created the flower...looks complicated, but it's not!  
I was inspired by this pin on Pinterest.  

Here's how I did it:
I cut several hearts (pg.26, <Heart1>, cut at 3/4") from the Art Philosophy cartridge, 
and a flower image (pg.32, Accent 3, <2>, cut at 2") from Artiste that coordinates 
with the Flowering Bunch stamp set. 

Fold or score each heart down the center.


 Join 3 of the hearts together, making clusters, then continue to make 6 clusters of 3 hearts.

Attach each of the clusters to the flower Cricut image.  I used the separation of the "petals" on the Cricut image as my guide to line all 6 clusters up evenly.

 Add an embellishment of your choice to the center of the flower, to hide the middle where the points might not line up perfectly...all imperfections are an opportunity for embellishment! :-) 
That's it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment