Monday, September 30, 2013

A Winter Luminaria using ProPlayer

LAST CALL...  
If you haven't taken advantage of the National Stamping Month exclusive stamp set trio, 
You are My Happy, time is running out fast! HURRY...this special ends TODAY!!!



When you make a purchase of $50 or more, you qualify to get the entire "You Are My Happy" stamp set trio (retail value $47.90) for only $10!  This exclusive trio includes a playful alphabet, light-hearted sentiments, and a variety of fun images to use for countless occasions.  
The same $50 order also qualifies you to get the September Stamp of the Month for only $5.  
JOIN my Mystery Hostess party on my website to take advantage of this amazing special when placing your qualifying order.

Now...are you ready for more Artbooking artwork?
When I first got my hands on the CTMH Autumn/Winter 2013 Idea Book, the first artwork that REALLY caught my eye were the luminaries on page 17.  I knew I would have to make one for myself...and sooner than later!
I made these for my 3-D item for our Board Swap. 

I used the overlay on page 50 of the Artbooking booklet, cut at 5".  I was able to get 6 of the overlays on one sheet of 12x12 paper (each luminary takes 4 overlays, one for each side).  Each corner is made up of a strip of cardstock 1" wide and 5" tall, scored down the center at 1/2", and the overlays are attached using Bonding Memories glue.  Then decorate to your personal taste.  I wanted to show the versatility of the ProPlayer papers, so I embellished my luminary using snowflakes with some bling to reflect the light of the candle inside (it goes without saying...use extreme caution when using a flame next to paper!).  A flameless candle (battery) would be ideal to use, however, I do have a small candle in a jar inside.  

I used snowflakes from the Artbooking cartridge, cut from Slate and White Daisy cardstock in different sizes.  Experiment with different shapes.  The sentiments are from one of the stamp sets from the Art Philosophy Cricut Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment