Monday, September 16, 2013

Poster Tidings - September SOM with video!

I finally had a chance to create artwork using the September Stamp of the Month set, Poster Tidings.  I was inspired by the beautiful artwork other team members shared at our team training last week.

Fall is my favorite time of year!  I love the change in weather (yes, even Colorado's hurricane/monsoon season!), to the colors associated with fall.

I stamped this image in 3 colors, beginning with the lightest color first, as to not contaminate my ink pads.  In this case, I used Goldrush ink on the upper 1/3, Autumn Terracotta ink on the middle 1/3, and finished with Barn Red ink on the lower 1/3.  I stamped the image on a 2-1/2" x 5" piece of Colonial White cardstock, backed with Barn Red cardstock.  The patterned paper comes from the Huntington paper pack.  The leaves were cut using the Artbooking Cricut cartridge...and layered.  I used New England Ivy cardstock layered with Olive cardstock for the green leaf, and Autumn Terracotta cardstock layered with Goldrush cardstock.  The "orange" leaves were cut at 1-3/4" from page 72, using the Icon function key. The "green" leaves were cut at 1-1/4".  I also cut a piece of Burlap Ribbon, bunched it up with Natural Bakers twine from the Wooden Mini Medley, tied in a bow.  I used the largest brown sparkles as embellishment.  The card measures 3-1/2" x 8".

Oh...and the Poster Tidings set also has a Holiday image for December or Winter artwork too!  Check out this video on the trendy subway art technique.  I figured I owed you one, since I've been missing for a couple weeks...with a good excuse, we were under construction in my studio!


Enjoy!

2 comments: