Friday, November 15, 2013

Blast from the Past - Flowering Thanks


When Jeanette Lynton began her venture into stamping 30 years ago, she drew by hand all her stamp images. Originally made of rubber and set on wood blocks, a few of these stamp sets are available to you in clear polymer for a limited time only! Enjoy the intricate and cozy line designs in conjunction with our alcohol-based markers for fun accents that will brighten your layouts as they take you back in time.


When I saw Jeanette's stamp archive in the Idea Book back in June, it brought back so many memories of where I began with Close To My Heart.  I had many of the old rubber/wood stamp sets shown on 
pages 114-115 of the Autumn/Winter 2013 catalog. 

Including this one:     A1145 Flowering Thanks


I used a combination of the Laughing Lola papers and Frosted papers.  How often do you try to mix & match papers?  The Champagne patterned paper on the card front is Frosted, as is the piece I stamped on.  The other papers are Laughing Lola, including the zip strip from Lola.  I also used our Exclusive Alcohol Marker Sets to color in the details of the image.  Colors used include: Blush (dark), Gypsy, Lagoon (light), and Hollyhock (dark).  I high-lighted the word "Thank You" by going over the sentiment using the Whisper (light) marker.  My embellishments for this card were kept simple:  Pink Glitz Glitter Gel (bling in a bottle!) and the hemp bakers twine from the Wooden Mini Medley Collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment