Friday, January 6, 2012

Rock the Block Artwork



Today, I worked on and completed my Rock the Block collage cubes...what a fun project! If you haven't ordered yours yet, make sure you do...don't miss out on this special promotion, it's only available until January 31st! I plan to create some cards and layouts using the exclusive stamp set that comes with Rock the Block.

Here's what you get:

Next find photos that you want to use for the project...I used a few pictures taken from getaways in 2011, and chose the Dreamin' papers (surprised? lol). The collage cubes work perfectly for 4x6 photos...but I've seen some artwork using lots of smaller photos too.

One of the first things I did was sponge all the corners of the cubes...so you don't see the white, unless it's in the color palette of your project.

Next, I found it easier to create a 6x6 layout for each side (4-6 layouts):

Then cut the 6x6 layout into (9) 2x2 pieces...yes, it was hard to cut across the photos...I think that's normal for us scrappers! LOL

And finally adhere all your 2x2 pieces onto your collage cubes. WARNING: work on just one side at a time, and make sure your cubes line up so that when you flip a row (and flip all the rows in the same direction for simplicity) the next picture to appear doesn't come out scrambled.

Here's all four sides of my project:




Remember...this amazing deal is only available through January 2012! Don't miss out, order your Rock the Block here!

No comments:

Post a Comment