Saturday, May 12, 2012

Flip Flap Layout - Road Trip!

A couple weeks ago, a few friends and I took a road trip to see a friend in South Dakota (see Road Trip post), and I already have my pictures scrapbooked...I can't believe it!  I think what really helped, was that I made a two page layout for each of them as a special gift to remember the trip (and it forced me to take "people" pictures too!)  Here's the layout I created:

Now, here it is with pictures:
I had several pictures that I wanted to include in this layout, do you find yourself in this same dilemma? I have just the answer...it's FLIP FLAPS!  No, not flip flops...flip flaps!  They are pockets that you can slide photos into and attach the Flip Flap to your layout with its adhesive strip!  
See, I used them on the horizontal pictures above...so I fit five 4x6 photos in that one space (using 2 flip flaps stacked).
And another on the vertical picture on the right page above...fitting three 4x6 photos in that space.

Flip flaps have another great use...you can add "hidden" journaling to your pages.  I plan to add a flip flap on the vertical picture on the left page, and create my journaling under the picture.  I need to create a second 2-page layout for the postcards we purchased at Mount Rushmore, and I'll probably use more Flip Flaps on those pages too!

Next time you have too many pictures for a 2-page layout...remember Flip Flaps! They come in 3 sizes:  6" square, 12" assortment, and 4x6 (used here).

FYI - this layout uses Cruisin' paper, the Love Life stamp set, and the Cocktail Alphabet.  As I see the names of these products listed together...it describes our weekend to a tee!  What happens in S. Dakota stays in S. Dakota! LOL

If you like the Cruisin' papers, I'm planning the Cruisin' WOTG kit in July...watch for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment