Friday, September 7, 2012

It's Your Day meets Dakota

Celebrate National Stamping Month during the month of September by earning this double stamp set, "It's Your Day" for only $5 with a qualifying $35 order...contact me today!
I was inspired by this card from LeAnne Dudley using the National Stamping Month stamp set, It's Your Day that she posted on Facebook last month:
Thanks for the inspiration, LeAnne!

I had recently been creating using the Dakota paper packet for another project, so I decided to use the Dakota papers and recreate LeAnne's card, only making slight adjustments to the original idea (why change perfection, right?).  Here's my card:
I really liked the illusion of motion using the bicycle...so I kept that element.  I also liked the banner idea...just went with a simpler idea.  I also wanted to add some additional dimension to the card, so I popped the circle with "life is good" and added some durable studs to the lower right corner. 

I can't wait to continue creating with this stamp set...with all the fun images...the possibilities are endless!  And perfect for scrapbooking too!

2 comments:

  1. I love your version! I just might have to make some more using Dakota.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration, LeAnne! I'm LOVING the Dakota papers!

    ReplyDelete