Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Autumn Pumpkin Paper Crafting

The weather outside has been cooler the last few days, and I'm enjoying my favorite time of year...AUTUMN!  In Colorado, the autumn season doesn't last long enough...I love crisp mornings with afternoon highs in the 60's.  Life is good!

My friend Shari shared this idea with me, and I just had to make one for myself.  

 I've seen something similar posted on Pinterest, in addition to pumpkins, I can see these made with red color cardstock to resemble an apple and give as a small teachers gift too.  
Here's how you make them:
take a 5"x6" piece of cardstock and cut into (8) 3/4" x 5" strips.  If you want to add the tone on tone stamping, do this before assembling your pumpkin.  In this case, I used the flower from the Happy Autumn stamp set, and randomly stamped the 5x6 piece of cardstock before cutting into strips.  

Stack the strips together and pierce a hole in the top and bottom of each piece.  
Add a brad to the top and the bottom of your strips.  
Carefully, flare the pieces out to make a pumpkin shape (this takes some manipulation).  
I cut out images from the Cricut cartridges as follows:

Leaf & Vine - Artiste, pg78, 3D Object, shift <GiveThnk>, cut at 3-3/4"
Black Cat - Artbooking, pg70. Icon, shift <C>, cut at 2-1/4" with Real Dial Size ON
Sentiment Bracket - Artiste, pg33, Accent3, <3>, cut at 1-1/4" in Colonial White, then again at 1-1/2" in Black cardstock.  Stamp set = Holiday Tags.
 I tied the sentiment onto the leaf & vine using Bakers Twine, and added some tan bitty sparkles to the cats eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment