Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cherish the Day card

This card is really two card designs in one. Read on!





Here's a birthday card I made for a new friend, Happy Birthday Deb! It uses the Elemental papers (#X7141B, $9.95) and the Elemental Complements (#X7141C, $4.95) which are printed chipboard shapes. The stamp set is the upcoming November Stamp of the Month (only available in November).

I started out by creating the focal point (which measures 4-3/4x3) from a Wishes design (City Scape), but wanted to end up with a standard size card. So, I found another design in Originals (A Heartfelt Classic) and created the card base so I could attach my focal point on it. Now...when you see a small card, think of this technique and re-create it into a larger card with a focal point. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment