Monday, December 19, 2011

Medallion Wreath

When I saw a similar wreath (made by Corina Mitchell) at our CTMH Convention this year...I knew I had to give it a try! I just didn't realize how long it would take to make the medallions! Here it is, the gift I gave away for our gift exchange. I'll show the gift I received on Wednesday, so stop by again!
My wreath is made up of 19 different medallions, using colors from the Wonderland paper packet. The 5 largest medallions make up the base using 3"x12" strips of paper (2 strips per medallion) scored at 1/2" increments. Keep making medallions using 2-1/2" x 12", 2"x12", 1-1/2"x12" and 1"x12" strips of papers, until you have enough to cover the metal wire base.
Then comes embellishments...have fun with it! I used several different products for the centers of each medallion, from Shimmer Brads, Bigger Brads, Bling Assortment, and Pearl Opaques. I also cut out several snowflakes (pg.22) from the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, and covered them in Prisma Glitter for additional sparkle! I created the hanger for the wreath by including a 36" piece of Dark Chocolate Striped Grosgrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment