Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Travertine Tile Coasters


I just LOVE these coasters! My friend, and team member Francine made these for our gift exchange. I'm so happy I got them...I really needed them! During our Christmas party, just about everyone asked me for a coaster for their drinks...and I didn't have but one to offer...so this was a perfect gift for me!
Stamping on travertine tiles is simple. Purchase the unfinished, travertine tiles at any Home Depot or Lowe's. Francine used Brown StazOn ink for the stamped images from the Treasure Life set. Then take a sponge dauber and blend different ink colors along the stamped images. Lightly spray the tiles with a sealer...this does take some of the moisture soaking ability from the tiles, but protects the stamped images from moisture. Finally, add felt feet on the bottom to protect furniture from the stone tiles. A set of four wrapped in a bow, make the perfect gift! Thanks, Francine!

No comments:

Post a Comment