Monday, December 12, 2011

Santa & Snowflake Ornament

Our team had our Annual Christmas party on Saturday, and it went off without a hitch...in fact, it was a beautiful sunny day! We played silly Christmas themed games, had a gift exchange and a fabulous meal together! I promised I would share some of the goodies that I made for prizes and our gift exchange (I'll save that one for last!), and this week I will do just that.

First up, is a Santa & Snowflake Ornament made using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. Here's how I did it: Cut Circle3 (pg.41) using Decorative Layer (shift) at 4-3/4" in Holiday Red. Next, I used the Believe B&T and cut Circle1 (pg.21) at 3-1/2", and finally cut Circle1 at 3" with White Daisy cardstock. I stamped the jolly Santa image from the Believe WOTG stamp set and colored in with markers. Of course, you can use any stamp image.
I created a dangle snowflake using Snwflke1 (pg.22) in White Daisy at 2-1/2", and a Layer (shift) Snwflke1 in Sky cardstock at 2-1/2". I assembled the dangle snowflake to the ornament using mono-filament. Did you notice, I took the negative image from the snowflake shape and added it to the santa image above? Have fun creating your very own...

No comments:

Post a Comment